Thursday, July 14, 2011

a post by Caley

Hello world! Today, I had to take matters into my own hands. Mom's posts have gotten boring, and I had a busy day to tell you about.

I had a new nurse today, Pam, who didn't know all of my tricks, so it was time to get some things done. I have been trying to tell Kodi, Stacey, Mommy, and Daddy how much I hate that stupid yellow tube in my mouth. I keep pulling on it, licking at it, and gagging on it. But they still didn't get it. So when Pam wasn't looking today, I just yanked it out! My one mistake was celebrating my victory by waving around the tube -- apparently, the formula flying everywhere alerted Pam to my accomplishment. And she put the stupid thing back in. But then I did it again! Ha!

Then some more people came in my room, and looked in my nose. Then they did that yucky suction thing in both my mouth and nose. And then -- you won't believe this -- they put the stupid yellow tube in my nose! It isn't quite as annoying there, so I haven't been licking or gagging as much, but I've still been yanking on it every chance I get.

My best chance came when Daddy came to visit me today. Mommy had been holding me all afternoon, and she stops me from pulling on my tubes. But Daddy likes to nap with me. So when he wasn't looking, I yanked on that yellow tube again, and got it like 2 inches out! Then it hurt some, so I started crying. Mommy got Nurse Rachel, who put the stupid yellow tube back in my nose. Rachel also pulled some liquid out of my tummy and tested the pH level, which wasn't quite right. And then I had to get an x-ray to make sure the yellow tube was in the right place. It was, so Rachel gave me some 26 calorie food tonight.

Then I got very mad and cried lots, until Mommy and Daddy finally changed my diaper. Then they wrapped me up in my warm pink blanket, gave me my ninny, and I could finally go to sleep. I told you -- it was a busy day!

1 comment: